Vegas Style: Gingerbread Cookies


Tis the season to be jolly!! This little guy got me thinking...why not put my booze...inside my cookie? Like a 2 for 1 deal?! I don't know if this is a thing and if I'm way behind the trend or if I just made this up and am awesome...but let's try it!

So...Let's start off with I'm NOT a chef! lol 
It's the holiday season, so we all want to get a little bit festive! I'm going out of my "comfort zone" and into the kitchen for today's post...Gingerbread cookies with a twist and actually how they should always be eaten...with booze!
Here's what we need:
3/4 cup spiced rum (or a sweet flavored vodka like cinnabon pinnacle)
1 cup sweet butter
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp brown sugar
salt
3 tbsp. crystalized ginger, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
 
Mix it all up and refrigerate dough for like an hour and a half to get it into a more solid consistency. Set oven to 400, roll out (and this is the fun part) and cut your cookies up to poker cards, chips, dice, or use your favorite cookie cutters . Bake for about 10-15 minutes until brown NOT SUPER CRISPY. After cooling for a bit you can get to decorating your cookies! This is going to make you like...a million cookies(6 dozen). I didn't even cook them all. You can go the extra mile and use vodka icing (because you're the real MVP), here's a recipe I got from http://christinascucina.com/


Here's some fun ideas to decorate your cookies:
You only need some food coloring to make the extra colors and PLEASE make sure everyone knows they are not kid friendly!

Let me know how it went for you! Leave a comment down below.
Know other foods we can add liquor to?? Leave that comment down below too! I'm no chef, but I'm always down to try something new!

Comments